Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Duff

by Kody Keplinger

Bianca doesn’t think she is as pretty as her two best friends but it still hurts when Wesley agrees by calling her the duff (designated ugly fat friend). She also hates that he won’t leave her alone, as he hopes if he is nice to the duff, one of her hot friends will sleep with him. However, hoping he will distract her from her troubles at home, Bianca kisses Wesley, and discovers kissing him isn‘t so bad. When she finds herself paired with Wesley for a school assignment, the two become enemies-with-benefits as a way for Bianca to distract herself from her troubles. However, things don’t go exactly as planned as she gets to know him.
The first time I read this, the plan was to read for about a half hour then go to bed but that didn’t happen. I kept reading till the book was over and was so disappointed when it was. The second time I read it, I was able to put it down and go to sleep but I was still disappointed when it was over. I also still loved it. 
If you love fan fiction you would probably enjoy this, as well as Keplinger’s second and third novels Shut Out and A Midsummer’s Nightmare, as I noticed some similarities between these novels and some of the Harry Style’s fan fiction I’ve read, though the writing it much better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment